Monday 10 September 2018, Sydney
The Face2Face Makeup Awards 2018 has presented six awards to the winners of its prestigious competition that celebrates exceptional skills in makeup artistry.
The awards, which took place from 8-9 September at Beauty Expo Australia in Sydney, include four live competition categories and one photographic category. The winners of the 2018 awards are:
· Niki Simpson - Bridal: The Real Modern Bride, this year’s category theme celebrated diversity and love in Australia
· Natallie Tse - Fashion Catwalk: Key Makeup Artist, where artists created a look inspired by a retrospective show from their favourite fashion designer
· Heather Chalker - Body Art: My Own Fairy-Tale, where entrants created a full body paint based on their own modern fairy-tale
· Akoya Tamada - Creative Makeup: The Category is: Drag, Darling!, where entrants took inspiration from the legacy created by “RuPaul’s Drag Race” to create their own drag entrant
· Pearlin Bracewell – Beauty Editorial - Photographic Category: Modern History; where entrants created two editorial images that took a 2018 spin on an inspiring look of the past
In 2018, the awards also included the Editor’s Choice category, awarded to an artist showing amazing promise. The inaugural award was presented to Sydney makeup artist, Tony Marchment.
“Beauty Expo has done an amazing job once again. I think the Face2Face Makeup Awards this year is not only the highest standard but has been the most celebrated that we’ve had. Each day there has been large amount of expo visitors coming to watch constantly and there has been a lot of hype around the awards. It’s been amazing standard of work and so many talented artists have entered this year”, said Trish Lee-Geosits, Owner and Publisher of Laud magazine and a judge of the Face2Face Makeup Awards.
The Face2Face Makeup Awards 2018 judging panel included some of Australia’s top makeup artists:
· Nicole ‘Pinky’ Thompson, Global MAC Pro Senior Artist, MAC Cosmetics
· Trish Lee-Geosits, makeup artist and founder of Laud magazine
· Carol Mackie, Trainer, MAC Cosmetics
· Sarah Laidlaw, award-winning hair and makeup artist
· Mia Connor, 2015 ABIA Makeup Artist of the Year
· Meryll Faulkner, four-time winner of the Australian Bridal Award for excellence in makeup
· Kellie Nichol-Smith, Managing Director of The Future Mrs
· Kylie Eustace, ABIA and AHFA finalist for Makeup Artist of the Year
· Martha Mok, award-winning makeup artist and international trainer
· Jazz Pampling, celebrity brow artist
· Charlotte Ravet, international makeup artist
· Cameron-Jane Thomas, makeup artist and trainer
Winners received generous prize packs from La Glam Minerals, Whip Lashes, Crown Brush and Christian Faye. The winners of the Beauty Editorial category and the Editor’s Choice category will also receive editorial features in Laud magazine.
Beauty Expo Australia, the national event for the professional beauty industry, hosts the Face2Face Makeup Awards each year, providing a valuable platform for Australian makeup artists to showcase their talent. The 2019 edition will take place 24-25 August 2019 at the International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC).