Tuesday 27 August 2019
The Face2Face Makeup Awards 2019 has presented six awards to the winners of its prestigious competition that celebrates exceptional skills in makeup artistry.
The awards, which took place from 24-25 August at Beauty Expo Australia in Sydney, include four live competition categories and one photographic category. The winners of the 2019 awards are:
- Pearlin McCarthy – Fashion Editorial: Makeup Designer, a new category for 2019 where entrants created a makeup design for their favourite fashion label’s next season campaign
- Pearlin McCarthy – Bridal: My Modern Bride, where artists created a diverse and inclusive representation of a bridal look
- Heather Chalker – Body Art: Most Influential Film, this year’s theme invited entrants to create a full body paint inspired by a film that has impacted them throughout their lifetime
- Sara Belobrajdic – Creative Makeup: Instagram Killed the Avant-Garde Star, where artists created ‘instagramable’ makeup representing avant-garde, creative self-expression and experimentation
- Krista Jade White – Beauty Editorial: Creative Director, the photographic category where entrants created two beauty images depicting how they would direct the brand’s next beauty campaign as a Creative Director
In 2019, the awards also included the People’s Choice category, awarded to an artist showing amazing promise. The inaugural award was presented to Perth based makeup artist, Nita Hirani.
“This year’s Face2Face Makeup Awards saw a wide spectrum of artists create impressive work they should all be proud of; from makeup trainers to students, professional freelance artists to artists who had never applied makeup on a client before! Yet, all that mattered was what was created on the day and 2019 was yet another elevation of talent and imagination. The competition floor is always a supportive experience for the artists and boy, did it bring out the best in everyone!” said Becca Gilmartin, Creative Director of Face2Face Makeup Awards.
The Face2Face Makeup Awards 2019 judging panel included some of Australia’s top makeup artists:
- Nicole ‘Pinky’ Thompson, Global MAC Pro Senior Artist, MAC Cosmetics
- Zuleikha Stevens, celebrity hair and makeup artist
- Isabelle De Vries, multi-award winning makeup artist
- Meryll Faulkner, four-time winner of the Australian Bridal Award for excellence in makeup
- Penny Antuar, beauty influencer and internationally renowned makeup artist
- Tanya Guccione, makeup artist and educator
- Becca Gilmartin, makeup artist and Creative Director of Face2Face Makeup Awards
- Kylie Eustace, ABIA and AHFA finalist for Makeup Artist of the Year
- Martha Mok, award-winning makeup artist and international trainer
- Samara Nillson, makeup artist, content creator and educator
- Bernice Mansfield, esteemed makeup artist and hair stylist
- Alex Pott, fashion and celebrity photographer
- Michelle Dube, award-winning hair and makeup artist
Winners received generous prize packs from Becca Gilmartin, Long Lashes, INIKA Organic, Beauty Dazzled, Silk Oil of Morocco, Runway Room, Mii Cosmetics, LASHGAME, Crown Brush, and Christian Faye.
Beauty Expo Australia, the national event for the professional beauty industry, hosts the Face2Face Makeup Awards each year, providing a valuable platform for Australian makeup artists to showcase their talent. Beauty Expo Australia will return to the International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC) on 22-23 August 2020.