Entries for leading makeup industry awards are now open
Thursday 12 July 2018
Beauty Expo Australia is pleased to announce that entries for the 2018 Face2Face Makeup Awards are now open. The awards, which are hosted at Beauty Expo Australia each year, reward extraordinary craft, creativity and passion; and provide a launchpad for makeup artists to showcase their skills to the industry.
Face2Face Makeup Awards Creative Director, Becca Gilmartin, is excited to drive the awards in 2018 and encourages all makeup artists to consider entering, regardless of their expertise or level of experience.
“The Face2Face Makeup Awards are a platform for every kind of makeup artist to further explore their craft, push their own personal limits and display excellence on a national competition level not seen anywhere else in Australia”, says Becca.
The awards’ five diverse categories all have fresh themes for 2018, including:
- Bridal: The Real Modern Bride, where entrants are encouraged to create a bridal look that celebrates the diversity of love in Australia.
- Fashion Catwalk: Key Makeup Artist, where entrants create a catwalk makeup look to complement the aesthetic of their favourite fashion designer.
- Body Art: My Own Fairy-Tale, where entrants will create a full body paint that reflects a fairy-tale they wish existed for the new generation growing up in today’s world.
- Creative Makeup: Drag, Darling! Entrants are encouraged to take inspiration from the legacy created by the show "RuPaul’s Drag Race" and create their own entrant, like they would if they were joining the 11th season of the show.
- Beauty Editorial Photographic Category: Modern History, where entrants create two images that take a 2018 spin on a makeup period from the past. The winner of the Beauty Editorial category will have their images published in a future edition of Laud magazine, and will also receive a SPOTLIGHT editorial feature.
New in 2018, the Laud Magazine Editor’s Choice category is available to all entrants of the awards. One winner will be chosen at Beauty Expo Australia on 9 September by the editor of Laud magazine, and will be offered an interview to be published in a future edition of the magazine, as well as an invitation to observe a Laud magazine photoshoot.