Stand Guidelines & Inclusions
As per contractCLICK HERE FOR OCTANORM STAND INFO SHEET
|- White colour
- 4mm thick in Octanorm framework (posts are 40mm
- Double-sided velcro dot/tape compatible
- Panel face dimensions 950mm wide x 2340mm high
|- Black inside the stand, charcoal in the aisles|
|- 300mm high fascia board
- 100mm high Helvetica bold, upper case lettering in white,
Please submit your company name via the ExpoNet Task 8
- 2x 120watt LED track lights per 9sqm
- 1x 4amp PowerPoint per stand
Important to Note
- All walling, upright poles, fascia frames and all fascia signage are hired items, any damage to these items will be charged back to the exhibitor.
- Under no circumstances may exhibitor nails, screws, bolts, glue, paint and double-sided adhesive tape and velcro any article or display to the stand wall(s) which may damage the wall(s). Any damage caused to panel(s) will be charged to the exhibitor.
- If fascia board name is not required, please choose this option on the form. Advising this onsite, will incur extra cost.
- If you have a shell scheme package, fascia signage is included. You will need to nominate your preferred trading name to be printed following the below restrictions:
- Maximum 30 characters can be used
- Words such as company, limited, brothers, etc. will be abbreviated and no punctuation will be
- In order to allow visitors to find you, keep your preferred trading name consistent throughout printed Exhibitor Listing, online Exhibitor Listing and fascia signage
Beauty Discovery Stands
Beauty Discovery Stands include:
1x timber plinth
1x arm light
Please click button below for our guidelines on designing the perfect Beauty Discovery space for your brand.
Exhibitor Standards & Code of Conduct
Stand Operational Guidelines
- All stands must be fully staffed, operational and exhibits displayed to visitors during the open times of the exhibition.
- The exhibitor may not undertake, or cause to be undertaken, any activity which, in the opinion of Beauty Expo Australia, is likely to cause any annoyance to visitors or other exhibitors. In particular, audio visual display equipment must be positioned and the sound level so adjusted as to comply with these requirements. The maximum permissible total sound level in any area of the show is 70dB (slow), measurable at a distance of 3m from the source of the sound using directional decibel meter.
- All activities of exhibitors and their staff must be confined to the stand site allocated. No advertising or canvassing for business may take place elsewhere in the exhibition area, without prior approval from Beauty Expo Australia.
- Unless otherwise arranged with Beauty Expo Australia, all items that are required for exhibiting purposes must be delivered before the show opens or after the show closes each day.
All display material, furniture, seating and selling aids must be kept within the perimeter of your stand. This is a WH&S requirement.
Failure to comply with this regulation may result in your stand being closed down. This refers to product being displayed in the aisle ways but also refers to exhibitors selling from the aisle. This is not only a severe safety breach but can also be detrimental to your neighboring exhibitors who could be adversely affected. So please note you are unable to locate yourself and/or your staff in the aisle ways to sell.
Exhibitor Code of Conduct
An exhibition is a professional, business event. It is essential that exhibitors uphold a high level of professional conduct at all times during the exhibition. In the interest of fairness and respect to all exhibitors and visitors, Beauty Expo Australia requests the following Code of Conduct to be adhered to for the duration of the exhibition:
- Exhibitors must not use any surrounding aisle space to display product. This is a WH&S requirement.
- Exhibitors must make themselves known when visiting another Exhibitor's stand and not enter without an invitation from the stand holder.
- In the event an exhibitor is also a buyer, this must be disclosed to the stand holder.
- At no time can an exhibitor remove material from another exhibitor's stand.
- No photographs or video/filming are to be taken of stands or products. Exhibitors must respect the time, effort and expense taken on exhibits by their fellow exhibitors.
- Noise levels: music, audio messages, pa system, etc on your stand must be at an acceptable level, which does not prevent your neighbouring from conducting business. The maximum permissible total sound level in any area of the show is 70dB (slow), measurable at a distance of 3m from the source of the sound using a directional decibel meter.
- Do not continue with business after the show hours. We need to ensure all visitors and exhibitors have vacated the premises to ensure the general security of the exhibition.
It is a requirement that all business is conducted on your stand.
- Promotional staff are not allowed to walk the halls or give out any promotional material; they must remain on your stand at all times.
- Promotional staff must at all times conduct themselves in a professional manner and must be respectably dressed at all times.
- Canvassing or soliciting for business by non-exhibitors or unauthorised personnel during the exhibition is strictly prohibited.
- Promotions and stand sales must take place from the exhibiting company's space/ stand only. No hawker or pamphlet drop can be done outside of the contracted exhibiting space.
- Beauty Expo Australia reserves the right to remove any exhibitor's promotional or sales staff found canvassing from the exhibition venue.
Any exhibitors in breach of the above Code of Conduct will be addressed by Beauty Expo Australia staff during the exhibition and asked to comply. Persistent refusal to adhere to the Code of Conduct may lead to the closing of an exhibitor's stand and/or the exhibitor not being permitted in future events organised by Reed Exhibitions and Beauty Expo Australia.
No exhibitor is allowed to sub-let or allocate space on their stand to another company without prior consent from Beauty Expo Australia.
Custom Stand Rules
If you have Space Only stand or plans to modify a shell scheme you need to ask Reed Exhibitions for approval to use a Supplier/Contractor. A Supplier/Contractor is defined as any company (other than the official exhibition contractors) that an exhibitor wants to use inside the exhibition hall, before, during and after the show.
What does Space Only Mean?
Space Only is the term used when an exhibitor has only purchased the bare concrete floor space. Walls, signage, carpet and lighting are not provided by Reed Exhibitions. The exhibitor or their contractor will design and supply their own custom made stand.
All ‘Space Only' structures must be approved by Reed Exhibitions at least four weeks prior to the start of the move-in. Construction onsite will not be permitted without prior approval (please see below on how to gain approval).
- Exhibitors can choose to have bare concrete floor or provide their own floor covering. To request carpet tiles, please contact the official stand build contractor.
- Exhibitors must provide their own walls. No use can be made of the neighbouring stand’s walls.
- You must not use the adjoining walls in any way.
- Walls must cover the whole perimeter of the stand; neighbouring walls must not be visible.
- Walling along the front of a stand cannot exceed 6m in length without having a walk through. If 6m walling is used on a large stand, a look through of 3m is required. Exhibitor supplied walls must reach a minimum of 2.4m in height as this is the standard wall height for all exhibitors.
- All lights attached to arms must be 2.7m from the exhibition floor and sit on a 45 degree angle. Halogen lights are no longer permitted on custom stands.
- The dimensions and position of your stand will be marked out with tape to show the boundary of your stand.
- Do not build outside of this perimeter.
- Reed Exhibitions will not supply any signage for ‘Space Only' stands. Exhibitors are required to provide their own sign showing their stand number.
EXHIBITOR RESPONSIBILITY AND DECLARATION:
Exhibitors must complete Task 7 - Custom Stand Form in Exhibitor Hub by the specific due date. Failure to complete will incur Shell Scheme charges.
- All stand constructions require prior approval at least four weeks before the Event by Reed Exhibitions Operations Manager and the relevant venue before any construction can begin.
- If you are using a stand building company please contact them to discuss their responsibility in gaining approval for your stand construction. They will be required to submit copies of their Public Liability & worker comp insurance certificates.
- An onsite inspection of all Space Only stands will occur at every event to ensure that all stands meet all of the above mentioned requirements.
- If an exhibitor does not adhere to these policies, they will be charged accordingly.
It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to inform their contractors of the result.
If your stand is over 2.4m in height, you must notify Reed Exhibitions, through Task 6, in writing and a line drawing must be supplied. The exhibitor behind you will then be notified by Reed Exhibitions and if there are no issues the high stand will be approved.
It is your responsibility to dress the back of the stand in a clean black or white painted finish panel and at no time can there be attached signage looking over or intruding on other exhibitor’s stands. A minimum of 1-metre clearance from the rear or side neighbouring wall must be met for signage or banners sitting higher than 2.4m.
Approval will not be granted to stands over 4m in height, stands up to 4m in height will require a safe work statement indicating the safe work practice of installation and be approved by the Venue and Reed Exhibitions Operations Manager.
- Space only stands will be provided with a bare concrete floor. To request carpet tiles, please contact the official stand builder.
- All raised floors, steps and ramps within exhibits are to comply with the relevant sections of the Building Code of Australia. Any raised floor sections must be clearly distinguishable from areas of the surrounding floor space.
- All raised floors up to 115mm will require a suitable and clearly distinguishable ramp from the main exhibition floor. The ramp must be of a gradient no less than 1 to 3 and must be contained within the contracted stand space. Ramps cannot protrude into the nominated aisle way.
- All raised floors with a height greater than 115mm but less than 190mm from the main exhibition floor level or surrounding platform will be regarded as a step. Although ramped edging is not required, the stand will require a ramp in accordance with the Building code of Australia.
- The raised floor sections or ramps must not contain sharp or dangerous edges and must not cause a trip hazard.
- Disabled access to the stand must be provided.
- Rugs, cane mats, vinyl or linoleum flooring, tread plate sheets, 5mm clip flooring and carpet tiles over existing carpet all need to have edges tapped down to the existing carpeted surface. A 50mm heavy-duty tape or gaffer type tape is advisable.
- Access must be available for power supply to the distribution board located from the pit on some stands, this must be factored into the design of a stand with flooring of any type.
- Exhibitors who lay a raised floor are required to supply the appropriate ramped edging to all flooring.
- Reed Exhibitions will supply no power points or lighting to ‘Space Only' clients.
- It is recommended that exhibitors use the official electrical contractors. All electrical work on stands must be carried out by a licensed electrical contractor.
- If an exhibitor does not use the official electrical contractor and chooses to use their own appointed contractor, power supply MUST be ordered through the official electrical contractors and power consumption paid prior to the start of the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are required to book and pay for connection to power boards. DO NOT just plug into ‘vacant' power points. Doing so may cause an overload in the system which could then lead to a fire.
- Reed Exhibitions will have all electrical connections inspected and approved by a qualified electrician prior to the event opening. If any exhibitors stand requires alteration or remedial action, this will be done at the exhibitor's cost.
- Any structures supplied by the official electrical contractor to hold light or power connection are at the exhibitor's cost. Please contact the contractor with your requirements.
- All electrical equipment including lights, appliances, power boards, leads etc used on your stand at all exhibitions must be tested and tagged in accordance with the Australian Standard 3760-2000. This is a statutory requirement. All tags need to be clearly identifiable.
All lights must comply with venue regulations and will be inspected by our electrical contractor. Any equipment not approved must be replaced.
- Reed Exhibitions together with the official electrical supplier and Australia’s leading venue operators are all committed to a safe working environment. Electrical and lighting safety is a key focus. The risks to everyone involved in the event and associated risks of fire and impact to the environment have all stakeholders committed to reaching a higher level of safety compliance to be in place. This will protect all personnel and allow visitors to the event to participate in a safe and comfortable environment.
- A policy has been implemented to remove any halogen or tungsten lights from our events. As we enter the year of 2022 please be aware of this policy and the requirement of using only LED lighting on your stand.
- All custom stands and exhibitors providing their own lights or electrical devices will need to comply with the following:
- Only LED lights will be approved for use, electrical equipment, displays, electrical cords, power boards, laptop charges etc must be tested and tagged prior to the exhibition opening and a safety check will be completed onsite at the show by authorized safety auditors.
- All lights attached to arms must be 2.7 metres from the exhibitor floor and sit on a 45-degree angle.
- LED lights are provided if you have shell scheme. Please see Stand Guidelines & Inclusion for your package inclusions. Lights will be fitted on a continuous track. For any additional lighting please complete the Electrical form via Task 8. On no account should anything be attached or wrapped around the lighting track.
- Space only stands do not have any lighting or power included; these are to be ordered the Electrical form via Task 8
Reed Exhibitions is committed to reducing the environmental impact of our events. We have established a Sustainability Working Group whose aim is to raise awareness of sustainability across our events and lower our carbon footprint.
To support us in our sustainability goals, below are some resources you can utilise in the planning of your stand:
We are also pleased to announce the below sustainable initiatives that you can participate in, at the event:
- Water refill stations will be present on the show floor
- Soft plastics bins will be available for use during move in and move out